Home ♡                       About Me ♡                       Contact ♡

26/07/2014

My Cupcake Recipe

At the weekend my parents had some friends over for an afternoon tea sort thing, we made little finger sandwiches and had tea in china cups, it was all very fancy, until my mum spilt boiling hot coffee on her leg and had to sit in the sink for twenty minutes to treat her scald, but lets not go into that (She was okay, don't worry). Basically I thought it would be a good idea to make some cupcakes for the tea party, I made up the ingredients as I went along, but they seemed to go down very well, so I thought I would share with you the recipe.

Ingredients

♡ 230g/8oz self-raising flour
♡ 230g/80z butter
♡ 230g/8oz caster sugar
♡ 2 eggs
♡ 2 tablespoons of milk
 Buttercream
♡ 350g/12oz icing sugar
♡ 270g/6oz unsalted butter
Makes 24

1.  Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas mark 5 and put 24 cupcake cases in baking trays.
(The pink and blue cupcake cases I used are from Avon)
 
 
 
 

 2.  Add in the flour, sugar, butter, eggs and milk and mix them all together until it is a smooth consistency.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
3.  The you will want to fill the cake cases with the mixture so they are about half to three quarters of the way full.


 
 
4.  Once they come out  of the  oven they should be golden on the top and spongy to touch, put them on a cooling rack to cool.










5.  Now for the fun part, mix the icing sugar and unsalted butter in a bowl. I find it is best to whisk the buttercream so its extra light and fluffy! Use any piping kit you have to pipe the buttercream onto the cakes, if you don't have a piper you can use a spoon to spread the buttercream, it still looks yummy.


 6.  This step is optional, I have this icing press that makes the icing look like little flowers. I am subscribed to the something sweet magazine and this came with an issue one week, but you can get them at many other places. (e.g. link) You just use the ready to roll icing and the little cutter that comes with the press.







7.  Decorate your cakes with whatever you want, I went for little sugar butterflies and on some of my other cakes I used wafer daises. Different coloured icing would be cool, so you could  experiment with that if you want to.

 






 Now your done! Hope you enjoyed this blog post, remember you can always leave a comment if you have any questions!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...