Home ♡                       About Me ♡                       Contact ♡

23/06/2014

My Makeup Brush Collection and Review

I was looking at my collection of makeup brushes a few months ago and I realized that I was just using the same brush for about three different jobs. As a result of this, I found that the brushes needed cleaning all the time and they would take ages to dry, I only had one foundation brush and I was using that for foundation, BB creams and concealer. I used my blush brush for powder, blush and contour and my makeup just was not working because of this. I came to the realization that I would have to buy some new makeup brushes, so I went out and bought some new brushes, my collection is still small but my brushes are cleaner and my makeup looks better. I thought I would share with you what brushes I have and what I think of them, some I am really pleased with, but on the other hand I have had some that I am not as pleased with. But if any of you have any of these brushes and they work okay for you and I am just not using them correctly then share it in the comments because I would love to hear from you!
  
 
 
Okay starting from the left;
Real Techniques Powder Brush- This is definitely one of my better brushes, what I like about this brush is that it seems to collect the perfect amount of powder and it covers large areas of your face, so it's great if your in a rush.
Real Techniques Duo-fibre Brush- Initially I didn't really know the purpose of this brush, but I started using it for different things like; making sure my contour doesn't look dodgy, making sure my neckline is blended, etc. So it's really useful for finishing off a look and making sure it looks natural.
Eco Tools Tapered Blush Bush- This is probably one of the brushes that I am more dissappointed with, because it doesn't seem to be very flexible so my blush looks weird when I use this brush. But on the other hand it is new, so maybe I just need to use it a bit more for it to fulfil its purpose.
Real Techniques Blush Brush- I love this brush, although I find its a bit too big for blush and my blush looks like I have been slapped in the face, so I tend to use this brush for bronzing up my face and it works really well for that!
Real Techniques Contour Brush- I go in with this brush after I have bronzed up my face,  it's really good for getting into the hollows of your cheeks and it also gets the right amount of product in the blush so that your contour looks natural.
 
 
Eco Tools Skin Perfecting Brush- I thought this brush would be really good because on the packaging it said that it was good for BB creams and I use a lot of BB creams,  I use them on a daily basis so I thought, 'Oh yes, a separate brush for BB creams how fancy'... but no, it puts my makeup on very streaky  and isn't really a brush for if you are in a rush, you can make it work if you keep blending but it's not really worth it as there are many more brushes which can give the same effect, but much more quickly.
Real Techniques Expert Face Brush- I really like this brush, it does what it says it does, it's good at applying foundation and BB creams, the only bad thing I would say about this brush is that it collects makeup really quickly and it has to be washed a lot which I never get round to doing.
Foundation Brush- This was one of my first ever brushes and I remember being so excited about this brush and I loved it, as I started getting more brushes I sort of realized that it really isn't that great and I don't know why but I feel almost guilty for neglecting it. But it doesn't really compare to the other brushes, it's similar to the Eco tools skin perfecting brush in the sense that it puts makeup on unevenly.
Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge- Words cant describe how much I love this, it works for concealer, foundation, primer, BB creams, it's just so good and versatile and saves you taking lots of brushes in your makeup bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...